Try our original recipe created by Chef Alexis at SyncopatedNYC.com: Sencha-Infused Ruby Chocolate Mousse with Fall Fruit Compote and Sencha Candied Nuts for flavor and empowered nutrition!
This beautiful dessert was inspired with SEI MEE TEA sencha powder and adaptogenic “Anti-Inflammatory” powder. This dish offers a symphony of flavors but it doesn’t stop there! Alexis and Kiyomi at SEI MEE TEA talk about the “synergies” of nutrition among the ingredients. Learn the power of synergies and savor the deliciousness even more!
And thanks to Chef Alexis, you will get a 5% discount to purchase SEI MEE TEA products, if you click the photo of Chef Alexis below and then finish your shopping in one sequential order. This is how to get the discount:
1) Be sure to log in to your account or create one so you will earn loyalty points from your purchase!
2) Click the photo of Chef Alexis below, and then shop normally (add the products you would like to purchase to the shopping cart).
3) When you checkout, the discount has been applied to the “cart ” page. (You will see the discount as a “2URhealth” discount in the checkout process.)
Sencha-Infused Ruby Chocolate Mousse with Fall Fruit Compote and Sencha Candied Nuts
Sencha-Infused Ruby Chocolate Mousse
120g ruby chocolate
¼ tsp almond extract
¼ cup almond milk
1½ tsp Edible Green sencha powder
½ cup aquafaba, room temperature
1. In a small bowl over a double boiler, melt the ruby chocolate with the almond extract, almond milk, sencha powder, and salt. Let cool slightly.
2. While the chocolate is cooling, whip the aquafaba to stiff peaks with a Kitchen Aid or handheld electric mixer – the bowl and whisk must be completely clean and dry for this to work. Start slow and increase the speed as the peaks begin to form – the whole process will take about five minutes.
3. Carefully fold the chocolate into the aquafaba with a spatula and gently mix until fully incorporated – you do not want to overmix or it will deflate the mousse.
4. Pour into desired containers and let set overnight.
Fall Fruit Compote
1 cup fresh cranberries
3 T Meyer lemon juice
1 T honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1¼ tsp Anti-Inflammatory adaptogen
1. Peel and rough chop the apples and pears.
2. In a small pot over low heat, combine the apples, pears, cranberries, Meyer lemon juice, honey, vanilla extract, anti-inflammatory adaptogen, and salt. Cover with a lid and cook until it resembles a compote.
3. Adjust the seasoning with more salt if necessary and let cool.
Sencha Candied Nuts and Seeds
1/8 cup pumpkin seeds
1/8 cup sunflower seeds
1/8 cup sliced almonds
1/8 cup cashew pieces
1 tsp Edible Green sencha powder
2 tsp maple syrup
1. Stir together the nuts and seeds, sencha powder, and maple syrup in a small pan and cook over medium heat until the maple syrup caramelizes and starts to harden around the nuts.
2. Season with salt and let cool – the candy shell will become harder as it cools.
Each individual recipe makes a nice snack or dessert. And the three together create a fabulous harmony in flavor. To assemble them, place the compote on top of the mousse, then garnish with the nuts.
Flavor Symphony + Nutrition Synergy
Now while you are savoring the complex, satisfactory, beautiful symphony of flavors, know these ingredients are producing more than that–The particular combination of the ingredients provides you even more powerful nutrition, thanks to the “synergy.” This beautiful synergy increases the power of the antioxidants and bio-availability of nutrition. Check out the video below. Enjoy the real treat and feel good!