- 7 c Cashew Nuts (or Walnuts/Mixed Nuts)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 1/2 c Sugar
- 2 tsp Coconut Milk
- 3 tsp Matcha or Edible Green Sencha Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Mirin (Sweet Rice Wine)
- Roast Nuts on 2 baking pans in a 350 °F oven for 10 minutes. Stir, then bake for 8 more minutes. Let cool.
- Beat Egg Whites until frothy, foamy peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, mix Sugar, Coconut Milk, Matcha/Sencha Powder, and Salt.
- Fold sugar mixture into beaten egg whites. Stir in Mirin.
- Line 2 baking sheets with waxed paper. Spread the cooled Nuts on the lined baking sheets and pour the mixture over the nuts. Stir to coat the Nuts evenly.
- Bake in a 250 °F oven, stirring every 15 minutes until nuts are dry (about 1 hour).
- Remove nuts from pan immediately. Cool completely before storing.