- 1 c Almonds
- 3 Tbsp. + 1/2 c (1 stick) Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 c All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Edible Green® green tea powder or MATCHA green tea powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/4 c Granulated sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- about 1/3 c Fresh cranberries
- Heat oven to 350º F. In a food processor, pulse almonds until finely ground. Add 3 Tbsp. of butter. Pulse until combined and fairly smooth.
- Add 1/2 c butter to the almond mixture and pulse until smooth. Add 1 c sugar and pulse until smooth. Add egg and vanilla and pulse until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, 1 tsp. Edible Green® green tea powder,and salt.
- Add flour mixture to almond mixture and pulse until it makes a dough.
- Form a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball 3/4″ diameter, then flatten slightly to make into a disk (1/4″ thick). Dip the disk in the remaining 1/4 c sugar and place 5-6 cranberries on the disk. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, sugar, and cranberries.
- Bake cookies at 350º F for 9 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
Yield: about 3-4 dozen cookies