- 1 c Brown rice flour
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- ¼ c (or 70g) Organic cane sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Safflower oil
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. Edible Green® (decaf or regular) or Matcha green tea powder
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together brown rice flour and salt
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together safflower oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into a 10” long log with 2” diameter and wrap it tightly with plastic wrap.
- Chill shaped dough in freezer for at least 3 hours. (Could be prepared the day before as well. You could keep the dough in freezer for a week or so in a Ziploc bag along with the plastic wrap.)
- When dough is ready to bake, preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Cut cookie dough into ½” thick slices. Place 1” apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are light brown underneath but tops are not brown.
- Transfer baked cookies to wire racks to cool before serving. Shape “gluten free green tea
cookies” like “shamrocks” for St. Patrick’s Day!