- 1/3 c Unsalted butter
- 1/3 c Shortening or Solid coconut oil
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Coconut extract
- 2 c Flour
- 2 tsp. Edible Green® or Matcha green tea powder
- 1 c Powdered sugar
- Lime juice and finely ground lime peel taken from 1 lime
- 1/2 c chopped pistachios
- Beat 1/3 cup unsalted butter and 1/3 cup shortening or solid coconut oil. Add 3/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Beat until combined.
- Beat in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon coconut extract. Stir in 2 cups flour and 2 teaspoons Edible Green® or MATCHA green tea powder. (You will need to mix the dough by hand until butter/shortening becomes soft and binds the dough together.)
- Roll half of the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4″ thick. Using a 3 to 4″ biscuit cutter, cut into rounds. (Or, use cookie cutters to make festive designs!) Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 375° F oven for 5 to 7 minutes. (For smaller cookies, use 5 minutes)
- Make frosting. (This is optional–the cookies are delicious with or without frosting.) Mix lime juice and finely ground
lime peel from a lime with 1 cup powdered sugar.
- Frost the cooled cookies with the powder sugar mixture and sprinkle with chopped pistachios.