Green Tea Rice Dumplings
- 1 c White Rice Flour
- 1 tsp. Green tea powder (Edible Green® or MATCHA)
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 4-6 Tbsp. Cold Water
- Mix flour, green tea powder and sugar
- Add cold water to flour mixture and knead until forms smooth ball.
- Boil 6 cups water. In the meantime, shape rice dough into 18 small balls, about 3/4″ diameter.
- Make sure no cracks or air holes in the balls otherwise balls will break into pieces while getting boiled.
- Cook rice balls in boiled water, 6 balls at a time. Keep water boiling. When balls float to the surface, keep boiling one more minute.
- Scoop balls out of boiling water and transfer to iced water and leave them for a few minutes till completely cooled
- Scoop out of iced water and move to a dish.
- Cover and chill until used.
- Repeat #4 to #6 to boil and chill all the rest of the rice balls. Rice balls can be made and chilled up to 1 day ahead.
Sweet Bean Sauce
- 1/2 c Canned Cannellini beans, well drained
- 1/4 c Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- Process Cannellini Beans, Sugar, and Salt in a food processor.
- Cover and chill until used. Lasts for a couple of days in fridge.
Assemble: When you serve, arrange 6 chilled rice balls on a plate. Drop 1 Tbsp. green tea whipped cream*
on top and drizzle 2 Tbsp. Sweet Bean Sauce over all.
*Soften 1/2 c frozen whipped cream and mix with 3/4 tsp. green tea powder. Regular plain whipped cream can be used, instead of green tea whipped cream.
Yield: 3 servings.