- ¾ c Unbleached flour
- ¾ c Whole wheat flour
- ¼ c Flaxseed meal
- ½ c Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 ½ tsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tsp. Baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Ginger powder
- 1 Egg
- 3 Mashed ripe bananas
- 18 to 20 Pitted dates—chopped into small pieces
- ¼ c Grape seed oil
- ½ tsp. Matcha mixed with 1/3 c warm water
- ¼ tsp. Salt
Cream Cheese frosting
- 1 box cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 1 tsp. Matcha
- 3 c powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F
- In a large bowl, mix ingredients: A
- Mix ingredients: B in a separate bowl until well combined.
- Add wet mixture [B] to dry mixture [A]. Mix until combined.
- Butter and flour bottom and side of 7” spring form cake pan, or 1 lb loaf pan.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake 55 minutes, or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Whip softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Stir in coconut extract. Add powdered sugar and matcha. Spread frosting on cooled cake
- Chop ¼ c shelled pistachios. Sprinkle over the cake.