- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Matcha powder*
- 1 envelope (0.25 oz) unflavored gelatine powder
- 1 c Boiling water
- 1 (8 oz) package Cream cheese, softened
- 1 c Sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Combine sugar, MATCHA powder, and gelatin in medium bowl. Add boiling water; stir 5 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. To avoid white spots, make sure to thoroughly beat cream cheese.
- Pour into 5-8oz glasses or into a 9″ Spring-form pan with the sides buttered (for crust use Matcha Cashew Butter Crust)
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- To remove from 9″ Spring-form pan: use a hot towel to slightly soften the butter on the sides. Be careful not to use too much heat as it will start heating the cheesecake. Gently remove the side of the spring-form pan. Keep the cheesecake on the bottom for the most stability.
*HOJICHA Cheesecake: Use Hojicha powder instead of Matcha powder. Substitute 1 c sour cream with 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese (2-8 oz packages total). Stir 2 Tbsp. maple syrup and 1/4 tsp. Five-spice into gelatin mixture.