- ½ cup ground almonds (almond flour)
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 Tb ground roasted flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp Matcha
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried fruit (figs, dates, apricots, apples, etc.–it is best if you can use stickier fruit as it will help the bites stay together)
- 1/3 cup nut butter (almond, cashew, or hazelnut), or peanut butter
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or cacao nibs
For coating the Bites:
- ½ cup unsweetened dried coconut
- ¼ tsp Matcha
- Toast the ground almonds and oats in a 300-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Put the almond flour, oats, flax seed, cinnamon, and ½ tsp matcha into a large bowl.
- Process the dried fruit chunks in a food processor, pulsing until they are chopped fine. If the mixture gets too sticky, add a 1/2 cup of the dry ingredients to the bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil to a liquid and mix into the nut butter until fully incorporated.
- Stir the nut butter mixture and chopped fruit into the dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly.
- Put the bowl into the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to let the contents cool and firm up.
- Add the chocolate chips or cacao nibs and roll the mixture into 1 ½ balls.
- Mix the dried coconut and ¼ tsp matcha together in a small bowl and roll each bite to coat it thoroughly.
- Store in a covered dish in the refrigerator, or in a zip-top bag in the freezer.
Did you try this recipe? Please send us pictures on Facebook or Instagram using the #seimeetea