This recipe is great for those who like their desserts a little less sweet, but still full of flavor and, of course, healthy. Wow your friends with this beautiful green pudding at your next get-together!
Makes about 4 1/4 cup servings.
- 1 c Golden Raisins
- 3/4 c Boiling Water
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Ripe Avocado (cubed and pitted)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 c Almond or Coconut Milk
- 1/4 c Chia Seeds
- Chop Golden Raisins into slightly smaller pieces then put in a bowl with Hot Water. Allow to sit for about 20 minutes to soften the Raisins.
- Add Lemon Juice to Raisin mixture then pour into a food processor. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Add Avocado, Matcha, Hemp Seeds, and Coconut Oil to the blender. Blend until mostly smooth.
- Add Almond or Coconut Milk a 1/2 c at a time (to prevent leaking). Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the contents of the food processor into a bowl. Stir in Chia Seeds until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours
- Serve with Azuki Bean Paste (see recipe below) and a splash of Almond or Coconut Milk
Azuki Bean Paste
Use the ratio 2:2:1 (Beans : Water : Dates) … for this recipe, we used 1 cup:1 cup:1/2 cup
- 2c Azuki Beans
- 2c Water
- 1c Dates
- Combine all three ingredients in a sauce pan. Simmer until beans become soft.
- Pour mixture into a food processor. Blend until mostly smooth.