2 ¼ C Old-fashioned Oats
¾ C Almonds
¾ C Dried Cherries
¾ C Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
½ C Unsalted Shelled Sunflower Seeds
2 Tbsp. Flaxseed Meal
1 Tbsp. Matcha
1 tsp. Hojicha Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon Powder
¼ C (plus more) Coconut Oil
½ C Honey/Molasses/Brown Rice Syrup
½ C Coconut Sugar/Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spread oats and almonds on a baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes. Stir and bake 4 more minutes or until golden. Cool on sheet. Reduce oven to 325F.
2. Brush a 13”x9”x2” baking dish with coconut oil. Line with parchment paper, allowing it to extend over long sides. Brush paper with oil.
3. Brush a large bowl with oil.
4. In a separate bowl, mix roasted oats and almonds, cherries, coconut, sunflower seeds, flaxseed meal, matcha, hojicha powder, and cinnamon. Transfer the mixture into the large bowl prepared with oil.
5. Put coconut oil, honey, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil for 1 minute.
6. Immediately pour the honey mixture over oat mixture. Stir until evenly coated using a heatproof spatula.
7. Turn the mixture onto a prepared pan. Press the mixture evenly into the pan.
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn pan and bake 7 more minutes or until the edges become slightly darker.
9. Cool completely in pan. Lift granola from pan using paper overhang. Cut into bars. Delicious with Greek yogurt!
Click here to Return to Blog Articles
Meet the Author: Kiyomi