Ingredients for Crust:
4 c Walnuts
1 c Dates
2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Avocado oil
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Organic Hojicha Powder
a pinch of Sea salt
Instructions for making the crust:
1. Chop each date into 8 pieces.
2. Place all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until there are no visible pieces of nuts and it begins to look moist and smooth. (Be careful not to overprocess, or it will become a cream-like texture and it will not work as a crust.)
3. Press about 1 Tbsp. mixture into each cup of a mini muffin pan. Chill for 1-2 hours before adding a filling.
Ingredients for Filling:
4 Lindt White Chocolate Swiss Classic Bars
1/2 c Heavy cream
2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. Ceremonial Matcha
2 Tbsp. Chia seeds
Instructions for making filling and bites:
1. Chop the white chocolate into small pieces using a knife. Do not skip this step by “breaking bars by hands”. The pieces need to be small and more or less the same size–about the size of vitamin pills so the chocolate will melt quickly and evenly.
2. Cut the butter into 6 pieces. Sift matcha so it is ready for the step #5.
3. Add the heavy cream into a small saucepan. When you see bubbles around the saucepan, remove from the heat. You need to keep an eye on the cream, so it doesn’t boil or get too hot. (Overheating will cause “separation” of fat of white chocolate and uneven texture.)
4. Immediately add the white chocolate and butter. Stir with a rubber spatula until chocolate pieces and butter melt and create a smooth mixture. Do not put the saucepan back onto the stove even if the chocolate is not melting quickly–keep stirring until all pieces melt and become smooth.
5. Once the mixture is smooth, add sifted matcha powder and chia seeds into the mixture and stir until the color is consistent.
6. Pour the matcha chocolate mixture into the chilled walnut crust.
7. Tap the pie plate a few times on the countertop to remove any air bubbles. Refrigerate for a few hours.
8. Dust matcha powder on top, if you wish, and serve.
Matcha Chocolate Bites with Hojicha Walnut Crust