- 2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 cups old-fashioned oats (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Sei Mee Tea Immune Booster Adaptogen
- 2 teaspoons Sei Mee Tea Edible Green Sencha
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Optional mix-ins: ½ cup chopped walnuts, or raisins or chocolate chips
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup grated organic zucchini
- 1 cup peeled and grated carrots (about 3 carrots)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper muffin cups, or grease pan very well.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, Immune Booster, Sencha and optional mix-ins, if using.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey or maple syrup, eggs, and butter. Whisk in the grated zucchini and carrots. Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each to the brim. Bake until the muffins are nicely browned on top and a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Allow muffins to cool completely before storing.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Best served warm with a little honey butter!!!
Note: Gluten-Free Option: substitute almond flour or almond meal, add ½ cup of oats and reduce butter to 6 Tbsp.